This individual will develop site and building design concepts and plans according to program, codes, and construction budget for retail and commercial projects. Individual will interface with project manager, project architect and client and prepare preliminary elevations, site layouts and schematic documents.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree of Architecture and have a minimum of five years of related work experience. Software skills required include proficiency with Autocad and/or Revit, 3D Software and Photoshop. The candidate should be proficient in hand sketching as well. This position requires someone who is detail oriented, organized and has great communication skills.
Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Directs the preparation of presentation materials, establishes scope of design intent and complexity, and determines deliverable schedule for pre-design/programming, schematic design packages interfacing with Project Architect to assure conformance with project requirements.
- Selects all major building materials by conducting research of materials for compatibility with design concept and conformance to the construction budget, and provides details, catalogue cuts, samples and outline specifications for selected materials. Develops plans, elevations, and typical solutions to define character and scope of the design.
- Directs, develops and coordinates design concepts of the project team including Interior Designer, Structural Engineer, specialty consultants, and Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers ensuring conformance with approved deliverable schedule and fee, and construction budget.
- Develops schematic design architectural plans, elevations and building sections and directs the preparation of schematic design documents and presentations including renderings and models in cooperation with Interior Design Team, all engineering disciplines and project consultants.
- Reviews schematic design documents for constructability and presents package to Client for approval and release into design development phase.
- Presents documents to Client, Planning Commission, Architectural Review Board and other Entities for approvals that may be needed.