This individual will participate as a project team member in pre-design, programming, design, construction documentation, and construction administration tasks within general parameters set by the project architect or project manager.
The ideal candidate will be NCARB registered and have a minimum of five years of related work experience. Software skills required include proficiency with Autocad and/or Revit. This position requires someone who is detail oriented, organized and has great communication skills.
Specific job responsibilities are as follows:
- Develops design and technical solutions under general direction of Project Architect on larger complex projects or may function as Project Manager/Architect on small- and medium-size projects.
- Assists in project management tasks such as developing project scope, work plans, schedules, staffing needs, monitoring work progress, and managing requests for scope changes.
- Ensures effective communication of project requirements, established presentation and quality control procedures to team members, and coordinates meetings and communications with Project Manager, other disciplines and outside consultants regarding project issues and/or technical coordination in project development.
- Ensures technical appropriateness and constructability of all documents and presentations, and provides technical expertise and guidance to project team including reviewing design concepts and recommending modifications or variations to simplify design and/or further develop typical design elements.
- Produces construction documents under general direction of Project Architect or Department Head.